How Does BodyTite Differ From Traditional Liposuction?
Stubborn fat can be difficult to tone through conventional diet and exercise alone. However, not everyone is ready to undergo procedures like liposuction. Now, innovative BodyTite treatments deliver results with less downtime and risk. Setty Plastics & Aesthetics is proud to offer this breakthrough solution to patients throughout Dallas and McKinney, TX.
Below, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Naveen Setty explains the differences between BodyTite and liposuction. Call now to book an appointment and see why BodyTite is quickly becoming one of the most popular fat reduction procedures around. Our team takes the time to educate patients and provides exceptional care throughout the process.
Who benefits from fat removal?
Factors like genetics, hormone changes, and age all contribute to the stubborn fat that accumulates in certain areas of the body. Fat cells never truly disappear on their own, even with regular diet and exercise — they can only shrink in size. This is why body contouring treatments like liposuction and BodyTite exist. Both are designed to remove fat cells so men and women alike can achieve their desired body shape.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that uses a hollow tube (or cannula) to suction out fat cells from targeted areas. Patients receive general anesthesia or local numbing agents depending on the scope of the procedure. Surgery is often lengthy, but results are dramatic and long-lasting. Patients may need to wait several weeks or months for the final outcomes to fully emerge.
How does BodyTite work?
BodyTite is the next generation of fat reduction technology. It uses a process called radiofrequency-assisted lipolysis (RFAL) to melt away fat cells without damaging the surrounding tissues. This FDA-approved procedure does not require general anesthesia but a local anesthetic to numb the area.
Dr. Setty begins BodyTite with small 3mm incisions in the treatment area, then inserts a special handpiece. This device emits radiofrequency energy to liquefy fat cells so they're removed more easily. At the same time, radiofrequency energy tightens and contracts the surrounding skin. Treatment takes 30 – 45 minutes per area, and patients experience minimal downtime afterward.
What are the differences between liposuction and BodyTite?
There are many reasons why people throughout Dallas and McKinney, TX choose BodyTite for body contouring over liposuction:
- Shorter recovery time: Patients spend 5 – 10 days in recovery after BodyTite compared to several weeks for liposuction.
- Less trauma to the body: BodyTite requires smaller incisions and dissolves stubborn fat cells before removal. This reduces side effects like bruising or swelling and makes recovery easier.
- Tighten loose skin: Liposuction does not address loose skin, but BodyTite does. Radiofrequency energy stimulates collagen production to create a firmer look overall.
- Versatile and customizable: BodyTite can remove fat from several areas of the body in a single session, meaning patients receive personalized results.
- Temperature control: Setty Plastics monitors the temperature of your skin through internal and external thermometers so patients feel comfortable.
Choose your ideal fat reduction treatment
Though liposuction and BodyTite are both known to dramatically improve a patient's appearance and confidence, Dr. Naveen Setty understands the importance of choosing the right procedure for your needs. Call Setty Plastics & Aesthetics to book an appointment and learn about your body contouring options. Our patients in Dallas and McKinney, TX report excellent results.